Guardian Couplings began as Guardian Products Corporation in 1941 as a manufacturer of valves, oil burner couplings, and miscellaneous plumbing products. Moving from Chicago to Michigan City, Indiana in 1949, Guardian expanded its oil burner line to include shaft-to-shaft couplings for sump-pump and sub-fractional applications. Guardian divested itself from the plumbing and valve lines, with the exception of Quik-Joint. In 1958, a fire destroyed the 8,000 square foot facility, which was rebuilt in its original East 2nd Street location.
The product line continued to develop to include larger shaft couplings, diesel engine hydraulic pump drives, jaw couplings, and "rubber in shear" designs. In 1991, Guardian relocated to a much larger 40,000 square foot facility on Ohio Street. Modern CNC turning and milling equipment was added in 1994, and Guardian again expanded its line to include steel gear couplings, tapered grid couplings, and gen-set/compressor drives. In April 2001, Guardian completed construction of a modern state-of-the-art 50,000 square foot manufacturing facility. This new site is located on 20 acres at its present location on Highway 212, with enough room for future expansion.
Guardian products are sold worldwide with representation in Canada, England, France, Germany, Sweden, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, South Africa, Venezuela, Peru, Argentina, Italy, and New Zealand. We continue to grow due to our commitment to service, quality, and willingness to "go the extra mile" for our customers.
For further information on Guardian Couplings and our quality product line, please contact us today!